httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mac McCaskie <mccas...@swbell.net>
Subject newbie gets Forbidden on 1.3.22
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2001 23:47:45 GMT
Sorry folks,

I've searched the faq's and archives (just 2 days available) but I can't
find the answer.  Just a vague reference in:

Group "#-1" trips up new users... What to do?

I'm trying to set up a very basic web server, and i think my issue centers
around access.  As far as I can tell, I've built the server correctly
and  gone through http.conf and I am now able to start httpd w/o errors.

What do I need to look at and what should the correct setting be?

this is on a freebsd 4.4 box.

ps, please remember I'm a newbie to both unix and Apache and everything
needs to be spelled out (please).  I have gotten pure-ftpd to work.

thanks

Mac