httpd-users mailing list archives

From Peter Beardsley <pbeards...@appropriatesolutions.com>
Subject weird mod_rewrite problem
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2001 20:04:27 GMT
I'm attempting to get mod_rewrite working on a new build of apache using
the latest sources(1.3.22) on RedHat 7.2 and I'm experiencing a problem
with mod_rewrite that I've never seen before: when I start the server, the
rewrite log gets written with 0 bytes, but no rewrite processing takes
place and nothing is written to the log(even with the log level on 9).  I
have a very simple rule, just:

RewriteRule   ^/extras2/ /extras/

So I don't think that's what's screwing it up.  I've minimized the amount
of modules I've built in to see if there's some kind of conflict and I've
even tried building it as a DSO but it doesn't make any difference.

Has anyone seen anything like this before or have any idea what's going on?