httpd-users mailing list archives

From Frank Peavy <fpe...@pop.net>
Subject Re: Use of Apache for Remote Control -
Date Sat, 08 Dec 2001 20:20:32 GMT

Sorry for being so "dense" about this; maybe if I try to put your
"thoughts" into my words, it might help.

So, I am at a remote location sitting at my workstation(my web client) and
I access my webserver running Apache, which renders my index.html page(lets
assume that the page has some data entry fields).

Now, if I initiate a CGI request(?), I can have the data from my form past
to a (as an example a Python program) program. The program would execute
and if there is data that needs to be communicated back, the program could
send that to Apache, which would in-turn, renders it to my client.

How did I do?