httpd-users mailing list archives

From Frank Peavy <fpe...@pop.net>
Subject Use of Apache for Remote Control -
Date Sat, 08 Dec 2001 18:25:53 GMT
First of all, I am new to Apache, so forgive me for asking a fairly general
question.
I hope this is the right forum.
*****************************************************************%
My question:
I was wondering if I could use Apache to act as the server for a remote
interface to other devices.

Basically, I would like to control various environmental controls in my
house via the web.
I have developed websites(HTML pages, etc.) before so that part of the
mechanics is easy.

My intent is to use Python to send data to my serial port. Running Python
programs when I am at the keyboard is not an issue, but if I wanted to
initiate them through a website, that's where I am lost.

Any assistance on this matter would be appreciated.