httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Don Hughes" <supp...@sannotes.org>
Subject Re: VirtualHosts in Apache2.0
Date Mon, 24 Dec 2001 23:09:57 GMT
1) Here is test .conf that does NOT work on my system.
---------- -----------
LockFile /var/lock/httpd/httpd.accept.lock
<IfModule !perchild.c>
ScoreBoardFile /var/log/httpd/apache_runtime_status
</IfModule>
PidFile /var/run/httpd.pid

ErrorLog /var/log/httpd/error.log

User wwwrun
Group wwwrun

Listen 82
Listen 83

ServerAdmin don@localhost

ServerSignature Off

UseCanonicalName Off

HostnameLookups Off

ServerRoot "/www"
DocumentRoot "/www/Default/htdocs"

<Directory />
    Allow from all
    Options None
    AllowOverride None
</Directory>

DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.shtml homeindex.html

### Section 3: Virtual Hosts
#
# VirtualHost: If you want to maintain multiple domains/hostnames on your
# machine you can setup VirtualHost containers for them. Most configurations
# use only name-based virtual hosts so the server doesn't need to worry about
# IP addresses. This is indicated by the asterisks in the directives below.
#
# Please see the documentation at
# <URL:http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/vhosts/>
# for further details before you try to setup virtual hosts.
#
# You may use the command line option '-S' to verify your virtual host
# configuration.

<VirtualHost 10.168.xxx.yyy:82>
  DocumentRoot "/www/sample/htdocs"
  DocumentRoot "/www/82/htdocs"
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost 10.168.xxx.yyy:83>
  DocumentRoot "/www/sample/htdocs"
  DocumentRoot "/www/83/htdocs"
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost _default_:*>
  DocumentRoot "/www/sample/htdocs"
  DirectoryIndex index.html.en
</VirtualHost>
---------- ----------

However 1)
If I change the addresses to *:82, and *:83, it will work.  This leads me to believe
that there is possibly an issue with the IPV6 support ( my kernel has ipv6 support
compiled in); and that although the address reported in the log, and passed in the
environment is 10.168.xxx.yyy, that this is not the address used to build the table.

However 2)
Trying to use configtest with a .conf file that has a line like  <VirtualHost 82> gives:
/usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl: line 187:  2066 Segmentation fault      $HTTPD -

However 3)
If all of my vhosts are if the form *:nn, and if there is a listen for a port that does
NOT appear then I get:
Mon Dec 24 17:48:45 2001] [notice] SIGHUP received.  Attempting to restart
[Mon
Dec 24 17:48:48 2001] [crit] (88)Socket operation on non-socket: make_sock: for
address [::]:81, setsockopt: (SO_REUSEADDR)
[Mon Dec 24 17:48:48 2001]
[alert] no listening sockets available, shutting down

...don
support@sannotes.org
...don
support@sannotes.org