httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jason Michelizzi <mich0...@d.umn.edu>
Subject Re: cannot access pages except from my box
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2001 04:20:00 GMT
Darren wrote:

> Still sounds like a firewall or possibly a hardware problem.  Maybe TCP
> wrappers?  Take a look at /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny.  Can you
> ping into the box?  Can you ping out from it?
>
> Darren

Yes, I can ping into and out of my box.  I can also do other things:  I
have an ssh daemon running on tcp port 22, and I can ssh into my box
from different machines (after having written the proper ipchains
firewall rules).  Both the /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny files
are empty (except for some comments).  What should they contain?

thanks again