httpd-users mailing list archives

From Owen Boyle <...@bourse.ch>
Subject Re: CGI in users own dirs
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2001 13:10:34 GMT
W i l l y wrote:

> >For Willy: Did you get it working?
>
> Well I tried changing the order of the two directory blocks, but that didn't
> help.  I also tried replacing the httpd.conf with the default, and then
> re-editing it, in the correct order, but it still did not work.

After some debate, we established that my advice on that point was a red
herring - the order of Directory containers doesn't matter. So no
suprises..

Joshua noticed you have a rather exotic "Options SymLinksIfOwnerMatch" -
clearly you must have a good reason for applying such an unusual option.
Could it be that the files which don't execute are nit really in the
"ExecCGI" directory but are really at the end of a symbolic link? If so,
I'm not sure what'll happen but I wouldn't be suprised if there was
trouble.

Could you post the two directory blocks again and describe a little what
is going on (I believe you had programs which weren't executing - but
were you gettin 403, or 404 or a list of source-code?).

> It might
> just be a bug though, because I am running the testing release of debian
> here, which also means that I'm running a testing release of apache for
> debian.  Maybe apache and debian aren't mixing too well on my pc.

Don't think so - if it compiles, it should run..

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.