httpd-users mailing list archives

From Owen Boyle <...@bourse.ch>
Subject Re: httpd not running
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2001 17:29:17 GMT
Mike Walker wrote:

> Other things compile and run OK.  I didn't recompile gcc and I didn't
> upgrade my libc libraries, BUT, I have to tell you that pre-compiled
> binaries don't run either - for example, there are RPM's of compiled Apache
> that came with my Linux, that Apache doesn't run either.  What should I do?

I'm not suprised. Generally speaking, unless a program has been
specifically designed to run under several kernels it will not work
without re-compiling after a kernel upgrade - but I'm getting out of my
depth here. I'm not a kernel-hacker and as soon as I start getting
core-dumps from established code, I usually start re-compiling... Or get
an RPM for your new kernel.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.