httpd-users mailing list archives

From Owen Boyle <...@bourse.ch>
Subject Re: httpd not running
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2001 09:23:24 GMT
Mike wrote:

> OK, I tried both things you suggested!  I got a core dump!  Says:
> Segmentation fault (core dumped)
> I have a little file now called core.

Well... at least you know why it's not working :-) You probably know
that when you get a core dump there can be one of two things wrong:

(1) The program contains serious coding errors.
(2) There is something wrong with your compiler environement.

Since thousands of other people have compiled this code successfully,
let us ignore (1) for the moment and pursue (2).

You mentioned that you upgraded the kernel... Oh dear... This could be
tricky - try the following:

- does anything else compile and run OK?
- did you recompile gcc after the kernel upgrade?
- does apache compile (and run) without PHP?
- did you ugrade your libc libraries along with the kernel?

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.