httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Steve Nelle" <sne...@satx.rr.com>
Subject (Fwd) Fatal relocation error
Date Sun, 09 Dec 2001 01:58:19 GMT
Sorry if this is a duplicate - I munged the original subscribe
message to the mailing list, and was wondering if it went through.

Platform: Solaris 8
GCC: 2.95.3
Apache: 1.3.22

I downloaded the latest version of apache to install on my
box, and used the following set of flags to ./configure:

./configure --prefix=/www/apache \
	 --enable-shared=cgi  \
	--enable-shared=include

It actually compiled fine (no errors), and did the install into the
place where I wanted it to go (/www/apache).  But when I try to start
it up, I get this error:

 ../bin/apachectl start
Syntax error on line 205 of /www/apache/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /www/apache/libexec/mod_include.so into server:
ld.so.1: /www/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
/www/apache/libexec/mod_include.so: symbol ap_chdir_file:
referenced symbol not found
../bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

Now, I found the ap_chdir_file in src/main in util.c, and it's compiled
into the libmain.a file.    mod_include.so is in my
/www/apache/libexec directory, but I'm missing something rather
obvious.  I've done google searches, but come up with stuff that
appears to not apply, I've looked all over the www.apache.org site
for similar things, but I'm stumped.

Anyone want to point me in the right direction?

Thanks!!

Steve Nelle
------- End of forwarded message -------Steve Nelle       | "Man is the
lowest cost, 150-pound
Seguin, Tx        | nonlinear, all-purpose computer system
snelle@satx.rr.com| that can be produced by unskilled labor."