httpd-users mailing list archives

From Owen Boyle <...@bourse.ch>
Subject Re: RAM buffers of files
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2001 11:06:00 GMT
Marian Krause wrote:

> Well, i'm sure.
> I opened page by Lynx on the computer, where serwer is working.
> After Apache restart page is correct.

OK so no intermediate proxy - but doesn't Lynx have a cache (I don't
know...)? Try the command line -it's the only way to be sure.

I don't know anything about you or your system so I've got to check the
obvious first... If you have VERIFIED (i.e. you're not just "sure"...)
That apache is really serving files which look stale, check some more:

- Verify that you are running only one instance of apache (ps -ef | grep
httpd and check all daemons are of the same binary).
- Verify that your docroot is correct (you are not serving files from
one directory and editing them in another). To test this, try
misspelling a filename slightly in the browser. You will get a 404 so
look then in the error_log and see what file apache tried to find: was
it looking in the directory you expected?

Apache, when running as a normal server, doesn't cache anything. The
cache only operates when it is a proxy server. Are you running it as a
proxy? See the mod_proxy docs for more details but if you want to switch
off caching do:

NoCache *

Rgds,

owen Boyle.