httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sander Smeenk <ssme...@freshdot.net>
Subject Apache 2.0.28 and PHP4.1's start_session() call.
Date Thu, 27 Dec 2001 20:54:44 GMT
Hi,

** This has also been posted on php-install mailinglist **

I'm using Apache 2.0.28 on my server to serve webpages, and recently
wanted to use 'Squirrelmail', a PHP-based online mail-reader.
I installed php 4.1.0 and got everything set up right for Squirrelmail
to work. And then this happens:

When I visit the site with browsers like lynx, w3m or links, I get the
important PHPSES cookie set and can normally log in and read mail, but
when I try visiting the site with Mozilla or Opera the PHPSES cookie
won't be set, so Squirrelmail won't allow me in, because it doesn't know
who I am.

Now I don't know if this is PHP related or Apache2 related, but I think
it's Apache2 because of this 'test script' I made:

<?php

session_set_cookie_params (0, '/');
session_start();
setcookie('blaat', 'urf', time()+3600, '/');
echo "<BODY><CENTER>php test</CENTER></BODY>"

?>

As located on http://www.smeenk.biz/phptest.php.

The script parses, compiles and runs fine, the output 'php test' shows
up, and I get the blaat=urf cookie in every browser I use. But the
PHPSES cookie only shows when using text-based browsers. And that is
what puzzles me.

Can someone tell me why the PHPSES cookie only shows up with text-based
browsers, and not when using GUI-browsers?

Kind regards,
Sander Smeenk.