httpd-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Lopez <dan...@rawbyte.com>
Subject Re: Problems starting Apache 2.0
Date Wed, 26 Dec 2001 20:57:50 GMT

It seems that either:

- There is already a web server running on port 80
   -> You need to stop it first

- You are trying to start apache as a normal user but trying to bind to a
priviledged port. You can:
   -> Try to start the web server as root
   or
   -> Edit httpd.conf and replace Listen 80 with Listen 8080
   You can access your website with http://127.0.0.1:8080/