httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Steven Pierce" <paged...@speakeasy.net>
Subject RE: permission denied to open password file
Date Tue, 25 Dec 2001 18:18:55 GMT

Sorgan,

Lets start by removing the access control first.  Lets get it so that you
can see what you are looking for first.  Then we can start adding back the
information that is needed.  Also (hold on).....

>To do this type chown root:root * in that directory and all files and
>directories will have root ownership in that directory.

You need to give them at least root and Apache rights.   When I was
doing mine I did this.  It has been a long while since I did it, so please
try it on a test machine first.

> chmod 0744

You need to give it the correct rights.

Owen: if you are there could you please let me know if I am on the
right path for this.

I am not an expert in this, just played with it a little.  I have come across this
before.  This is what I had done.

Steven