httpd-users mailing list archives

From Daniel Lopez <dan...@rawbyte.com>
Subject Re: Apache beta 2.0.28 upgrade from 2.0.18 woes
Date Tue, 18 Dec 2001 00:46:24 GMT

The premature end of script headers may be caused for a variety of reasons,
among them :
- Permissions of the script: does the script has executable permissions? Is
the directory containing the script and the parent ones have read
permissions for the user Apache runs as?
- Have you enabled the directory to have CGI execution permissions? (Check
you have Scriptalias enabled for that directory)
- The script itself is broken (but you say it works in .18, so I would look
first at the above)

On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 05:34:17PM -0800, Jacob C. wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just joined the list, but have searched through the bug database on this and found
nothing.  And since I prefer lists for support as opposed to filing (possibly erroneous) bug
reports, here's my problem:

> I have been running Apache 2.0.18 since June.  I decided since the 2.0.28 beta was out
I should look at upgrading and testing the new stuff.  I compiled and installed 2.0.28 into
a new directory (/usr/local/apache, my original .18 beta is in /usr/local/apache2).  I modified
the new conf/httpd.conf file to have the same user/group and other related settings as .18
(if you copy the httpd.conf file over the server won't start, so some things have changed).
 I also installed php 4.1.0.  I compiled 2.0.28 with the following directives:

> --prefix=/usr/local/apache
> --enable-mime-magic
> --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl
> --with-mpm=worker
> --enable-dav
> --enable-so
>
> I have some compiled cgi-bin programs, written in C++, that run in my .18 server.  I
copied them directly over to the .28 server and made sure permissions and owner/group are
the same.