httpd-users mailing list archives

From Chad Eric <chader...@yahoo.com>
Subject Poor mans content switching?
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2001 16:27:12 GMT
All,
        I was wondering if there is a way to enable
content switching without having an arrowpoint device
on the network. Basically I want to know if it is
possible to enable content switching via Apache. So,
regular cgi/html/php requests will get processed on
the UNIX server and ASP/ColdFusion pages will be
processed by a w2k server and then returned to the
users browser.

Here is an example:

http://www.foo.com/index.php <- processed by UNIX
server

http://www.foo.com/index.asp <- processed by w2k
server

My goal here is to have a cross-platform webserver
without having to incur the cost of purchasing a
content switch.