httpd-users mailing list archives

From Adam.Step...@jet.uk (Adam Stephen)
Subject Re: httpd process stops responding and cannot be killed
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2001 12:19:45 GMT

This could be an occurence of a known Solaris/Apache bug which I have
also experienced.  Have a look at bug number 7159 via http://bugs.apache.org/.

If you run a system call trace on the problem process with "truss",
you will probably  find that it is stuck in some kind of I/O call.
If this is the same bug, then it is impossible to kill the process.

I don't have a complete explanation, but I can say that this
problem does not seem to appear with Apache 1.3.22 on Solaris 5.7.
So my suggestion would be to upgrade.

Regards,
Adam