httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ben Ricker <bric...@wellinx.com>
Subject Re: Options Question
Date Mon, 31 Dec 2001 17:05:29 GMT
I am experiencing a rather odd problem with a dynamic site which I hope
someone can shed some light on.

I administer a web app which is mostly Java servlet based using Apache
1.3.20/Jserv 1.1.2. The problem is as follows:

A user clicks on a link which calls a dynamic page driven by javascript
which makes a number of calls to servlets to "paint" the page (a
database driven report). The page usually contains forms, but not all of
them do. Intermittently, the user will see the words "> Transfer
Interrupted" appear on the screen underneath the page that links to the
javascript page. After a split second, the "painted" page appears with
no loss of content.

This problem happens only in Netscape 4.x, but I the problem is wildly
intermittent (it is not a load issue because the problem happens at high
and low load).

Thanks for your time!

Ben Ricker
Web Security System Engineer