httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mohler, Jeff" <jeff.moh...@netapp.com>
Subject RE: How to restrict download managers multiple connections.
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2001 04:44:37 GMT
Joshua:

Thanks a LOT for the link..works well in my testing so far.

Id like to use the 'Concurrent' policy, and it seems to fit best in the ThrottlePolicy verb..but
I cant get the options right behind it.

<IfModule mod_throttle.c>
ThrottlePolicy Concurrent 2 <limit> <period>
</IfModule>

Limit wants to be a number..but the docs show only as a mesure of data, not just a plain number.

Just trying to discover how to limit any ClientIP to -2- connections at a time to a specific
virtual host.

And to confirm what I think is right:

<VirtualHost www.team3s.com>
<Location /CAPS/throttle-me>
SetHandler throttle-me
</Location>

..would actually set that specific directory to the above defined limit of 2 connections per
IP at any given time.

Right?