httpd-users mailing list archives

From Li Tan <li...@ou.edu>
Subject Re: setup apache account
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2001 06:57:41 GMT
Hi, Paul, thanks for your reply. yes, I can setup normal user account in the
linux, but how can I set the home directory as /var/www (which is in RedHat
7.2), so everytime it goes there when I use ftp or telnet. I believe apache
should be a special account, and this account is used only for web
administration ( mostly update files or so ). if I use normal user account,
everytime I need uplaod files and move files into different directory, also
I may need to change file/directory ownership.

have any suggestions?

thanks

Li