httpd-users mailing list archives

From "RuneImp" <r...@imptech.net>
Subject /server-status
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2001 10:55:27 GMT
I'm trying to setup the /server-status & /server-info pages
so that they are only viewable like this:
http://admin.imptech.net/server-status

I reviewed the Allow, Deny & Order directives in the Apache
Manual & from what they say the following should work.

<Location /server-status>
    SetHandler server-status
    Order Deny,Allow
    Deny from all
    Allow from admin.imptech.net
</Location>

But each time I get:

403 Forbidden

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /server-status on this server.

Apache/1.3.22 Server at admin.imptech.net Port 80

I've played around with it reversing the Order & different things.
But essentially unless I allow access to all domains by either
setting "Allow from all" or setting something like "Deny from blah"
(which is garbage & just ignores the denial of anything) I get the
forbidden message.

-=- RuneImp
ImpTech - Web Design, Hosting & Computer Tech
http://imptech.net
rune@imptech.net