httpd-users mailing list archives

From Derek Conniffe <de...@rivertower.ie>
Subject Re: 2 httpds on 1 server
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2001 10:43:28 GMT
It is no problem if you use mod_redirect and mod_proxy to proxy the
connections to either www server.

Why not simply run your httpd server on the two ips and forget about the two
strange ports (8080 and 8090) ?  apache has no problem binding virtual hosts
with multiple ip addresses.

Or, finally, to do your port to ip proxying you could use a firewall with
port/ip redirection - I know that both Checkpoint FW1 and IPFW both do this
(I dont really know any other firewalls).

Good Luck,

Derek

On Tuesday 11 December 2001 09:36, you wrote:

> > hi,
>
> for testing a scenario:
> my webserver (a single machine) has ONE name ("webserver"), but TWO IPs
> (10.0.0.1/2 - the DNS returns them rotational).
 (in the future I should
> have two or three machines ...)
>
> is it possible to let one apache run on port 8080 and the second on port
> 8090.
 when a request goes to "10.0.0.1" it goes to port 8080