httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jeff Burns" <jbu...@jeffburns.org>
Subject Re: Server Version Info
Date Fri, 28 Dec 2001 06:20:07 GMT
Thanx Daniel, that did the trick!
----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Lopez" <daniel@rawbyte.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>; "Jeff Burns" <jburns@jeffburns.org>
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2001 10:26 PM
Subject: Re: Server Version Info

> Check the ServerTokens directive
>
> On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 10:15:52PM -0700, Jeff Burns wrote:
> > Server Version InfoI have what I think is a similar question.  I've
turned the ServerSignature to off but a great deal of detail shows when i
query my server using www.netcraft.com.  Is there a way to supress the
amount of detail shown on queries like this?

> > What gets shown is:  Apache/1.3.19 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) mod_ssl/2.8.1
OpenSSL/0.9.6 DAV/1.0.2 PHP/4.0.4pl1 mod_perl/1.24_01 on Linux

> > I was not able to find this information in the FAQ, or documentation on
apache.org (although I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking for).

> > I'm running Apache 1.3.19-5 on RedHat 7.1.
> >
> > Much appreciated!
> >
> > Jef

of the remarks above this as it gives you the various options required.

> >   Andrew

info on a 404 or in any other response. I know I can configure the error
response pages, I am wondering if I have to configure all of them or if
there is a flag I can set.