httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jobarr" <job...@herzeleid.com>
Subject Re: Apache 2 directory/files
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2001 02:52:00 GMT
> Hmmm.  This could be a result of the fact that PHP is now a filter rather
> than a handler.

But like I said, it worked with HTML files with 1.3.22, at least on my computer (I might have
changed something in the config that let it work, not sure). I don't mean that I was trying
to pass variables to the HTML files, but if you typed in www.example.com/index.html/foo/bar
it would still show "index.html" if foo and bar didn't exist. Something like...it would keep
cutting off parts of the URI until it found a folder or file that existed. Now with Apache2,
it just gives up if it doesn't find the last part.

I imagine if this was fixed/changed, then "/en/foo/bar" would eventually get back to my "en"
script and then it would just look at $REQUEST_URI (which would have "/en/foo/bar" in it),
like I currently do, and everything would work.

thanks
-Jobarr