httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dick and Lori Campbell" <dickandl...@att.net>
Subject Using Apache with Visual Interdev 6.0
Date Tue, 01 Jan 2002 01:36:56 GMT
I can't get Visual Interdev 6.0 to connect to the Apache local server.  When setting up a new
web project, Visual Interdev asks for a server name.  When I use the server name setup in
the conf file, or equivalent IP address, or any reasonable alternatives therefor, I get the
message "Unable to contact web server http://<name>.

Visual Interdev does state that the server must have Frontpage 98 server extensions installed.
 It also says that for debug features to work the web server must be running IIS4.0.

So is this a config glitch, or is Apache incompatible with Vis Interdev 6.0?

Thanks

Dick Campbell