httpd-users mailing list archives

From Game Wizard <gwiz...@netvision.net.il>
Subject Re: For Apache - Is this possible?
Date Sun, 16 Dec 2001 09:19:15 GMT
u can log access times with a javascript or cgi/perl solution. search the web in javascript
archives. like www.javascript.com

Cheers.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: y00ycdz@yahoo.com
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Sunday, December 16, 2001 6:13 AM
  Subject: For Apache - Is this possible?

  I use Apache HTTP Server to run webspace off my own computer for showing friends or people
on messageboards images or anything else that need be. I was wondering if there is a way to
'tag' my entire web directory and keep a running count on how many times each file has been
accessed or viewed through the web.  I don't have any htm files really, just directories wth
files, so I'd need to keep a count on how many times the files were accessed not how many
times a 'link' (on an html files) has been clicked.

  I dont know if this woudl be an addon to Apache as I am not very familiar with it othern
then what I needed to do to get Apache running for my needs. Or if there is a program out
there that will somehow do this, someone please let me know.

  I'm running Windows XP.

  Hope this was a 'smart question' but I doubt it, hehehehe.

  Thanks for any help.
  -y00yCDz  (AOL Instant Messenger name is also y00yCDz if anyone wants to chat about this)