httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Paul van Ramshorst" <pvan...@telusplanet.net>
Subject Re: setup apache account
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2001 04:50:41 GMT
I can fully sympathize Li, as I am a complete newbie to Linux and Apache
myself.  I found the documetation to be a little confusing on this point.
You must set up the USER you want (for ftp access) on your Linux system
through the User Manager. In KDE, its found at K->Configuration->Other->User
Manager.  I believe the module is just called KUser.
Hope this helps.

Paul

----- Original Message -----
From: Li Tan
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Sent: Monday, December 03, 2001 11:22 PM
Subject: setup apache account

Hi, I am new to apache, currently I am building my own web server using
redhat 7.2, However I don't know how to setup apache account for web
administration such as file uploading, in the system. There is indeed apache
account in linux user list, however I cannot use it to ftp. What should I
do? I just want to use it as normal user account with home directory
/var/www

thanks

Li