httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: SetEnvIf Woes
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2001 15:59:45 GMT

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Jayson Strudwick wrote:

> [...]

I just tried this myself, and I can confirm that SetEnvIf... does not seem
to be working with Remote_User.  I can't see an obvious reason for this.
You should probably submit a bug report about it.

Here is a workaround: (assuming you have mod_rewrite in your server)

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{LA-U:REMOTE_USER} username [NC]
RewriteRule .* - [E:AUTHENTICATED]

CustomLog logfile_auth combined env=AUTHENTICATED
CustomLog logfile combined env=!AUTHENTICATED

Of course, as always, I should point out that the most efficient and
flexible way to handle this sort of thing is simply to log everything to a
single file and post-process the logs into whatever you want.

Joshua.