httpd-users mailing list archives

From <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Apache 1.3.22 gives 302 on mod_rewrite
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 05:14:07 GMT

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Marc Weber wrote:
> which doesn't look like a loop for me, couldn't it be that the "L"
> catches? Kind of remembering state? I'm just guessing here, really...

It won't loop internally, but it should create a loop between the server
and client.  It is possible the browser is catching that and refusing to
go futher.

> > Why don't you start again with one of the options in the FAQ and let us
> > know what problems you find if any.
> >

> I *started* from there. I got the result I described. I checked,
> double-checked & re-checked to make sure I'm correct with the regex and
> the server-names. Same result. Then I started to remove conditions. Same
> result. I started over from the beginning, same result. I said "I read
> the faq" because I *did* read the faq, the mod_rewrite Rewriting Guide
> and Ralf Engelschalls Rewriting Guide and not because it's the most
> convenient thing to say.

So I say again: start with the one in the guide.  Then give us the details
about what doesn't work.  It is no use giving us a configuration that
is obviously broken and asking why it doesn't work.

Alternatively, use the other suggestion in the FAQ: simple
name virtual hosts.

Joshua.