httpd-users mailing list archives

From <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Apache 1.3.22 gives 302 on mod_rewrite
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:53:42 GMT

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, Marc Weber wrote:
> > Now, ignoring everything except the above quoted paragraph, I think you
> > will find your answer here:
> > http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#canonical-hostnames
>
> Thanks, I've been there & tried. The logs show as far as I can see that
> in fact I don't create a loop, but the redirect is done correctly. I
> tried two versions of this with exactly the same request just some
> minutes ago and posted the logs.

I haven't looked at the logs you posted, but the configuration you sent
did not look anything like either of the two options listed in the FAQ.
If you are going to use the RewriteRule version you will absolutely need a
RewriteCond on the HTTP_HOST to prevent looping.  It will never work
otherwise.

Why don't you start again with one of the options in the FAQ and let us
know what problems you find if any.

Johsua.