httpd-users mailing list archives

From Saqib.N....@seagate.com
Subject Re: Apache / PHP install help
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 23:22:16 GMT

Hi Dan,
I would rather install Apache and PHP from source code. It is much more
stable in the long run. I dont trust RPMs on production servers.

Saqib Ali
http://www.webdav.org <---- WebDAV discussion forum

"Dan Tappin" <dan.tappin@orourke-eng.com> on 11/29/2001 03:12:05 PM

Please respond to users@httpd.apache.org

To:   <users@httpd.apache.org>, <php-install@lists.php.net>
cc:

Subject:  Apache / PHP install help

I am running RedHat 7.0 on a Dell server.

I originally had Apache / PHP running on this system but after some trouble
with wu-ftp I ended up uninstalling / re-installing apache via GNOME RPM.
Apache runs fine but now but my PHP test page index.php will not process.

All the approriate httpd.conf changes have been made but PHP file are still
not being processed.

If I manually force the mod_php.so to load I get:

"Loaded DSO modules/mod_php.so uses plain Apache 1.3 API, this modules
might
crash under EAPI!"

I tried searching the archives but I couldn't find a specific solution.

Also I get a "file not found" error when I try to use 'apachectl'.  Am I
missing something here.

Installed via RPM:

php-4.0.4pl1-9
mod_php-2.0.1-9