httpd-users mailing list archives

From Owen Boyle <...@bourse.ch>
Subject Re: SetEnvIf Woes
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2001 15:29:15 GMT
Jayson Strudwick wrote:

> >         SetEnvIfNoCase REMOTE_USER "<username>" login
> >         CustomLog logfile_auth combined env=login
> >         CustomLog logfile combined env=!login>
>
> I am using these directives inside a VirtualHost definition, which is
> in turn inside the server config file. The current problem is that all
> information is logging to one file, not being seperated into two.

It must be that the SetEnvIfNoCase rule is not getting tripped... So;

- i guess you really just put the user's name in "<username>", i.e. if I
were logging in the line would read:

SetEnvIfNoCase REMOTE_USER owen login

(being really picky here - just checking the <>s are puctuation and not
really there).

- Are you sure REMOTE_USER is getting to the rule? Could you try adding
%{REMOTE_USER} to the CustomLog to check.

Which file gets all accesses - "logfile" or "logfile_auth"?

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.