httpd-users mailing list archives

From Owen Boyle <...@bourse.ch>
Subject Re: SetEnvIf Woes
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2001 09:20:25 GMT
Jayson Strudwick wrote:

> I have checked the documentation numerous times,
> I have looked at examples provided online, and for
> some reason I still can not get the SetEnvIf directive
> to work as I expected it to.
>
> I have a directory password protected via an .htaccess
> file using the mod_auth directives, that all works fine.
>
> What I am playing around with is logging authenticated
> requests to the server to one logfile, and all the rest
> to a second logfile. I am attempting to use the following
> within the VirtualHost definition.
>         SetEnvIfNoCase REMOTE_USER "<username>" login
>         CustomLog logfile_auth combined env=login
>         CustomLog logfile combined env=!login

I've not used this directive before, but there seems to be a case-error:
"REMOTE_USER" should be "Remote_User".

Also, you're not using these directives in a .htaccess file are you? If
so, they can't go there (well, SetEnvIfNoCase can but CustomLog can't).
try the whole shebang in httpd.conf.

Rgds,

Owen Boyle.