httpd-users mailing list archives

From Marc Weber <mwe...@csksoftware.com>
Subject Re: Apache 1.3.22 gives 302 on mod_rewrite
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 17:57:20 GMT

> > OK, so here it is:
> >
> > <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
> > RewriteEngine on
> > RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}   !^lexi.c-s-k.de [NC]
> > RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}   !^$
> > RewriteCond %{SERVER_PORT} !^80$
>
> What is that?  Shouldn't it be 81?  In fact, you can probably just remove
> that line if you are only serving one port.

No, can't do that yet. The 1.3.6 is still running on 80 and we need it.
I tried ^81$ instead, but that didn't change a thing. So I went back to
a config that's as close as possible to the one in the guide...

> > RewriteRule ^/(.*)     http://lexi.c-s-k.de:%{SERVER_PORT}/$1 [L,R]
>
> To make things clear, why not hard-code the port in there.  You are only
> serving one port, right?

Right, 81 at the moment. Tried that too, in case {SERVER_PORT} had any
side-effects, but it doesn't. I recompiled Apache too, the most common,
most out-of-the-box config possible:

./configure \
"--with-layout=Apache" \
"--prefix=/gigd1/WWW/apache1322" \