httpd-users mailing list archives

From Hendrik.Dald...@t-online.de (Hendrik Daldrup)
Subject apache doesnt start -> Inappropriate ioctl for device error
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:57:58 GMT
hi there,

i just installed some modules for my apache server, which worked perfect
before, but now it doesnt start anymore.
I checked the error_log and found the following entry:
[emerg] (25)Inappropriate ioctl for device: Error while opening the workers

as far as i know, this means it has s.th. to do with my system, but i
really dont know what to do in order to make apache work again (at least
WITH the modules ;) )

so, any help more than welcome,
thx,
Duncan McLord