httpd-users mailing list archives

From Owen Boyle <...@bourse.ch>
Subject Re: Apache 1.3.22 gives 302 on mod_rewrite
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2001 16:18:12 GMT

Marc Weber wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have this problem with mod_rewrite (I guess), Apache 1.3.22 on SunOS
> 5.7/Ultra 5. It seems really stupid and it probably is, but I already
> read the faq, the docs and Google must have got a thousand hits from me
> the last two days, and I'm still far from an idea...
>
> What I'm trying to achieve:
> We have a webserver running on the Ultra 5, currently Apache 1.3.6. I
> try to upgrade to 1.3.22 and to make things more comfortable... the
> Ultra has various aliases, and I try to redirect every request to it to
> the ServerName in httpd.conf using mod_rewrite.
>
> How:
> I'm running the 1.3.22 on port 81 for testing, but afaik there's now law
> a webserver must run on 80... I use mod_rewrite in the main server
> directive like this:
>
> <IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
>         RewriteEngine on
>         RewriteRule ^/(.+)             http://our.ultra.sun:81/$1
> [R,L]
> </IfModule>
>
> Seems easy enough. And it works, but not like I intend it to work. When
> I go to http://our:81, I get redirected to a site
> http://our.ultra.sun:81/ which shows me "Found. The document has moved
> here" and the Apache server signature. A telnet to the server reveals
> following header:
> etc..

I'm afraid I don't understand your question. Do you have two webservers
on the same machine (1.3.6 on port 80 and 13.22 on post 81)?

Please try to think through your problem again and re-post. State
concisely:
- what you want to happen
- what is actually happening
- what directives you think are important

Please don't say "it works/it doesn't work" - describe what appears in
the browser and list what it says in the access_log and error_log.

Rgds,

owen Boyle.