httpd-users mailing list archives

From "RuneImp" <r...@imptech.net>
Subject Re: apache and ethernet IP
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2001 03:30:59 GMT
Do you mean to setup the server to work on a LAN/INTRAnet only
or LAN/INTERnet? If it's via a LAN/INTERnet then just set it up
normally. That's the default. You just need an IP address.

-=- RuneImp
ImpTech - Web Design, Hosting & Computer Tech
http://imptech.net
rune@imptech.net

----- Original Message -----
From: <FTuckettjr@aol.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2001 5:28 PM
Subject: apache and ethernet IP

Hi all,

Can Apache be used to configure a server to run from an ethernet address as
opposed to a dial-up connection, DSL, or cable modem connections? I am a
college freshman who is not majoring in computer science but has a lot of
interest in web designing, etc. so I do not know anything about TCP/IP, etc.

Can anyone provide me with any assistance when able?

~ft