httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jayson Strudwick" <jstrudw...@whatevercomputes.com>
Subject SetEnvIf Woes
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 18:53:54 GMT
I have checked the documentation numerous times,
I have looked at examples provided online, and for
some reason I still can not get the SetEnvIf directive
to work as I expected it to.

I have a directory password protected via an .htaccess
file using the mod_auth directives, that all works fine.

What I am playing around with is logging authenticated
requests to the server to one logfile, and all the rest
to a second logfile. I am attempting to use the following
within the VirtualHost definition.
        SetEnvIfNoCase REMOTE_USER "<username>" login
        CustomLog logfile_auth combined env=login
        CustomLog logfile combined env=!login

*note <username> is a valid user, I am just working with 1 login for
  now, I will worry about writing the regexp to deal with any login later*

I have confirmed that the username I provide is the one being seen by the
server, both from the logfiles themselves, and by echoing the value to
the protected page via PHP.

I have tried to provide the username both with and without quotes, I have
seen examples with both. I have tried ^username$, I have tried using both
the case sensitive and non sensitive versions of the directive. I have tried
a different varname incase login had special meaning within the code.

I can successfully log to different files dependant upon remote host, so I
am guessing that the problem may lie in the fact that the username is not
being sent as expected by Apache?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Jayson Strudwick