httpd-users-de mailing list archives

From Matthias Barmeier <matthias.barme...@sourcepark.de>
Subject DavDepthInfinity Problem with apache 2.2.9 on Windows 2000pro and Windows 2003 server
Date Mon, 29 Dec 2008 14:40:37 GMT
Hi,

I dont know if this is an error or a misconfiguration. I added the
following to my httpd.conf:

	Alias /storage d:/var/www/desert/storage
	<Directory d:/var/www/desert/storage>
	    Dav On
            DavDepthInfinity on
            Options Indexes FollowSymLinks -MultiViews
            AllowOverride None
            Order allow,deny
            allow from all
	</Directory>

DAV works perfect except that a PROPFIND request like this:

PROPFIND /storage/storage/dav/ HTTP/1.1
Host: localhost
Accept-Encoding: identity

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><propfind
xmlns="DAV:"><allprop/></propfind>

gives me a result code 207 as expected, but the httpd process allocates
upto 365MB.On my 512MB test VM this is nearly all memory that is available.

The allocated memory stays occupied until httpd.exe terminates.
After the memory is allocated the apache works still as expected.

Does anybody know why such an amount of memory is allocated, and if
there is a configuration that can prevent that.

Thanks.

Ciao

	Matze