httpd-users-de mailing list archives

From Roland Schmid <apache...@net-service-24.de>
Subject Re: dynamic ip+ftp
Date Thu, 15 May 2003 16:22:09 GMT
Alex <PuertoRico@gmx.net> wrote on Thursday, May 15, 2003 at 5:52:49 PM:

> perhaps my thema is a bit off topic but i´ll take my try.
> I got an http server with name based virtual hosts. They keep up to date by
> "ddclient" cuz of
> my dynamic IP adress.
> So now i set up an ftp server "vsftp" and i also want to update the IP for
> the ftp.
> Is that possible? Which programs could u advice me.
> Does someone have soem links to inform myself about that (or tutorials)

Hi,

sure this should be possible.
There are services that register dynamic ip-addresses in the web.
The only problem is the cutting off of the internet-connection by your
ISP. (Dialup Connections). This means that your dynamic (old) ip is in
the DNS-Cache of most DNS Servers in the Internet. So it takes long time
while the DNS-Cache is reloaded, and during that time your service is
not reachable. There will never be a 100 % availability.
http://www.dyndns.org
http://www.ipactive.de

--
Best regards,