httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Subscription
Date Tue, 13 Sep 2005 16:36:11 GMT
Hey Zubin!

On Sep 13, 2005, at 5:04 AM, Zubin Kika wrote:

> I am a member of the Covalent QA team,  and would like
> to    contribute to httpd-test.

Welcome, welcome. The way this works is as follows: when you have a
suggestion for improvement, or a test that you would like to submit
to httpd-test, you send it to this mailinglist as a unified diff
against the Subversion checkout. Just use svn diff, it'll use the
right format (I think).

Then, a member of the httpd-test community can review your submission
and commit it to the Subversion repository, or post suggestions for
improvement to the mailinglist. All communications happen on this
list. If you send us patches for a while and the httpd-test community
likes their quality, they can vote and give you commit access. I can
not tell you how long this takes: it's the impression that counts.

You can find some information on how the ASF works and how to
contribute at the following URLs:

http://www.apache.org/dev/contributors.html
http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html
http://httpd.apache.org/dev/patches.html

Finally, please make sure that you have permission from your company
to submit patches. Submitting material means that you give it, and
its copyright, to the Apache Software Foundation. Covalent has a long
history of contributing to the ASF, and I don't think you'll have any
problems. Folks like wrowe and Jim Jagielski can undoubtedly provide
you with guidance.

Looking forward to your contributions!

S.

PS. List, Zubin and I worked together when I was at Covalent.