httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Orton <jor...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: mod_cache brokenness test
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 10:10:29 GMT
On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 10:55:17AM +0100, Colm MacCarthaigh wrote:
> I've done up a test for mod_cache + mod_dir brokenness;
>
> 	http://people.apache.org/~colm/cache-test.patch
>
> I've added a virtualhost for mod_cache, because caching can easily
> interfere with a lot of the other tests, and it's best kept out of
> the way (and to be expanded upon!).
>
> Anyway, as this is my first attempt at something in httpd/test/, I'm
> sure I got something wrong, and I'm not too sure of the procedures.
>
> Is it vaguely right? And can I commit it?

Some nits but otherwise go ahead, great!

1. use <VirtualHost mod_cache> - the _default_: is not necessary AFAIK
2. use just "need 'cache', 'disk_cache'" for the requirements

But this test is going to fail with current releases, is that right? I
aim to keep the tests all passing with each tip-of-branch
2.0.x/2.2.x/trunk.  So an additional requirement:

  need foo, bar, need_min_apache_version('2.3.0')

would be good.

joe