httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <>
Subject Re: Apache::Test v1.25 error - Can't use string ("Test::Builder") as a HASH ref
Date Wed, 29 Jun 2005 19:47:06 GMT
Geoffrey Young wrote:
> Stas Bekman wrote:
>>>well, it's not exactly a bug - it looks like Test::Builder changed
>>>reset() from a class method to an object method since that code was written.
>>>I guess I'll need to fix that :)
>>Or may be just move the branch that bundles T-M in into the trunk? This
>>problem has been fixed in that branch if I remember correctly.
> well, I want to run that branch through a battery of tests before we go
> and merge it into trunk - I, for one, have quite a bit of testing code
> that relies on proper Test::More support, so if that all ends up working
> we're probably good to go.
> has this issue been resolved yet?

Sorry, I haven't tried it when you've reported it, but it seems to work fine:

t/TEST  -bugreport -verbose=0 t/more/02testmore.t
setting ulimit to allow core files
ulimit -c unlimited; /home/stas/perl/5.8.7-ithread/bin/perl5.8.7
/home/stas/ -bugreport -verbose=0
the default base port is used, using base port 8569 instead
/home/stas/httpd/prefork/bin/httpd  -d
/home/stas/ -f
/home/stas/ -D APACHE2 -D
using Apache/2.0.55-dev (prefork MPM)
waiting 60 seconds for server to start: ok (waited 1 secs)
server started
t/more/02testmore....[   info] the default base port is used, using base
port 8589 instead
request has failed (the response code was: 500)
see t/logs/error_log for more details
# Looks like your test died before it could output anything.
         Test returned status 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
FAILED--1 test script could be run, alas--no output ever seen
server shutdown
error running tests (please examine t/logs/error_log)
| To report problems please refer to the SUPPORT file |
make: *** [run_tests] Error 1

So it's all good right?

BTW, I've just synced the branch with the trunk.

BTW, once svn.merge was run in the future, you just run it again, since it
already sets the mergepoint at the end of its run. Joe Orton rocks!

Stas Bekman            JAm_pH ------> Just Another mod_perl Hacker     mod_perl Guide --->

View raw message