httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Martinez <...@bigbigorg.org>
Subject preload modules at sever startup
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 17:36:55 GMT
Hi,

I'm looking for some suggestions for a library problem with Apache::Test,
which I'm using to develop a web application.

Hope this is the place to ask.

Using Apache 1 and Mod perl 1, how can I preload perl modules at server
startup?

My extra.conf.in contains something like this:

PerlModule Foo::Bar
<Location /a >
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler Foo::Bar::myhandler
</Location>

"make test" fails.  The apache server won't start because it can't find
Foo::Bar, needed by the line "PerlModule Foo::Bar"

In the link below, I read about "PerlSwitches -I@ServerRoot@/../lib"

http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/testing/testing.html#Extending_Configuration_Setup

Is PerlSwitches for MP2 only?

In the link above I'd call the root development directory
/path/to/Apache-Amazing, just so that you understand what I mean by root
development directory.  Here is a listing of the root development
directory:

CVS/  Changes  MANIFEST  MANIFEST.OLD  MANIFEST_maybe  META.yml  Makefile
Makefile.PL  README  blib/  docs/  lib/  pm_to_blib  t/

Of course Foo::Bar is in lib/Foo/Bar.pm (until Apache::Test moves it to
blib/ )

If I set PERL5LIB to the root development directory, the "make test" runs
fine (well it shows me my programming errors is what I mean).

Should I create a starup.pl file that does something like:

BEGIN { use lib @ServerRoot@../lib }

Then and add lines to extra.conf.in to run startup.pl.

Or is there a better way?  A hard coded path won't work in my situation
(which is why I use the @ServerRoot@).

Thanks in advance,
Jim