httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: loading mod_perl first?
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2005 18:18:42 GMT

>>  - historically I think this was introduced before we had
>>extra.last.conf.in functionality.  gerald, does using that
>>file help you?
>>

> I don't use Apache::Test (unless I install a new mod_perl and run make
> test). If I remember right the reason why this was introduced, was that
> mod_perl copied the LoadModule over from httpd.conf and the tests fails
> then, when Embperl.so is loaded before mod_perl.so, because there are
> unresolved symbols.

ah, right.  it's because you use LoadModule for embperl, right?  writing a
module that relies on mod_perl this way is probably fairly uncommon.  maybe
axkit, but I doubt many others.

but since we inherit from your httpd.conf changing the current behavior
would mean you wouldn't even be able to test mod_perl since apache wouldn't
even start?  hmph.

--Geoff