httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r148889 - /httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework/t/conf/ssl/ssl.conf.in /httpd/test/trunk/perl-framework/t/ssl/fakeauth.t
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2005 16:48:01 GMT

> So Geoff is saying, "you must try" and at the next line "you must also
> succeed". With SSLVerifyClient optional, the semantics would be
> instead "Don't bother to insist for a certificate", "but if user
> forgot it, give him flaming death". Considered inappropriate :-)

i'm no expert here - I took the SSLRequire line from the test case on
httpd-dev, while all the other tests use SSLVerifyClient so I kept it
without really understanding things at all.

  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-dev&m=110685418427430&w=2

so, are you saying that can remove SSLVerifyClient here and all is ok?  all
I wanted was to exercise FakeBasicAuth + mod_auth_anon.

--Geoff