httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: A-T: httpd.conf.in
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2005 18:49:55 GMT
Oden Eriksson wrote:
> fredag 14 januari 2005 01.21 skrev Geoffrey Young:
>
>>>I think we should implement it, since if someone is very unhappy about
>>>the autogenerated httpd.conf they can supply their custom httpd.conf.in
>>
>>that feels like a lot of work to me - like making A-T respect the Port
>>setting from httpd.conf.in, because that's what they would expect.
>>
>>I think that -httpd_conf, -httpd_conf_extra, and extra.conf.in should be
>>more than enough for the vast majority of people.
>>
>>so +1 for just removing it from the README, but if you want to make it
>>work, feel free.
>

> No no, please keep it, I just discovered it does work. Ths is my current way
> to use it:
>
> --------------- [snippet, start] ---------------
> #!/bin/bash
>
> if [ -f t/httpd.pid ]; then rm -f t/httpd.pid; fi
>
> echo "PidFile @ServerRoot@/httpd.pid" > t/conf/httpd.conf.in
> echo "AcceptMutex fcntl" >> t/conf/httpd.conf.in
> echo "LockFile @ServerRoot@/httpd.lock" >> t/conf/httpd.conf.in
> echo "TypesConfig /etc/httpd/conf/apache-mime.types" >> t/conf/httpd.conf.in
>
> for i in `/usr/sbin/apxs2 -q LIBEXECDIR`/*.so; do
>     new_name=`basename ${i}|sed 's/mod_//g'|sed 's/\.so//g'`
> echo "LoadModule ${new_name}_module ${i}" >> t/conf/httpd.conf.in
> done
>

> make \
>     APACHE_TEST_COLOR=1 \
>     TEST_VERBOSE=1 \
>     APACHE_TEST_HTTPD=/usr/sbin/httpd2 \
>     APACHE_TEST_APXS=/usr/sbin/apxs2 \
>     test
> --------------- [snippet, end] ---------------
>
> The server fails to start, but that's something else. I noticed though that if
> the /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf exists A-T is trying to inherit that config
> (inherit_config) but this fails as this file is for apache-1.x. Shouldn't
> something from "httpd2 -V" be used instead?

Take a look at: lib/Apache/TestConfigParse.pm:sub inherit_config {
it should find the correct global config file, please check that code to
see if something goes wrong.

> Also the mod_perl module as all other code is built as non root, so certain
> files and directories can't be access. The snipppet above solves some of
> that.

A-T handles that internally. See

   lib/Apache/TestRun.pm:sub adjust_t_perms {

if you intervene with normal process, then you are on your own.

I still can't understand what's wrong with the autogenerated httpd.conf,
that you need to write your own. Please explain.