httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <s...@stason.org>
Subject Re: Recent problem with Apache::Test v. 1.19
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 20:36:24 GMT
Barry King wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I cannot test Apache::Test version 1.19 on Debian woody (5.006001)
> because of problems compiling Cwd on perl 5.6.  However, it does compile
> on darwin (5.008001).
>
> FYI -- a strange result comes up when using Cwd during the test on darwin:

> use strict;
> use warnings;
> no warnings qw(uninitialized);
> use Cwd;
> use Apache::Test;
> use Apache::TestUtil;
> use Apache::TestRequest qw(GET_BODY GET_OK);
> use Apache::Wyrd::Services::Index;
> my $directory = getcwd();
> $directory = "$directory/t" if (-d 't');
>
> my $count = &count;
> print "1..$count\n";
>
> my $index = undef;
>
> print "not " unless (GET_OK '/13.html');
> print "ok 1 - Index creation\n";
>
> [.......]
>
> it fails at the first invocation of GET_OK with the error that the top
> directory is not exported by the lib module (Apache::TestConfig invokes
> lib->(<top directory>).  I can circumvent it by invoking:
>
> eval 'use lib <top directory>'
>
> before calling GET_<FOO>, but this is a little kludgy.

sorry, I don't understand your interpretation of the errors, Barry. Any
chance we can see the exact errors?

The requirement for Cwd 2.06 was needed to get the tests running under -T,
which was otherwise blowing up (precisely under 5.6.x). If there are
problems with Cwd please contact the author of that module. I've added the
prerequisite when I saw that it's available on CPAN and builds fine on
linux under 5.6.