httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Stas Bekman <>
Subject Re: Apache-Test
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 20:17:13 GMT
Oden Eriksson wrote:

>>>Does the A-T stuff has to be installed? Is it required during mod_perl
>>>runtime in any way?
>>No and No.
> Thank you. I was planning to make this "make test" work first, then don't
> install the A-T stuff from the mod_perl2 package but provide a new
> perl-Apache-Test package that possible could be used later by our QA. How to
> use it that way I don't know yet, but I suppose it is meant to be used that
> way so...
> Thanks Stas.

Actually, no. It's not needed to run mod_perl itself. But it's used in
several helper modules which users may try to run:

So I guess you do have to make A-T a requirement for the mp2 package. It
can still reside in a separate package though.

Stas Bekman            JAm_pH ------> Just Another mod_perl Hacker     mod_perl Guide --->

View raw message