httpd-test-dev mailing list archives

From Geoffrey Young <ge...@modperlcookbook.org>
Subject Re: Apache-Test
Date Thu, 13 Jan 2005 14:57:52 GMT

> In which case we need to remove the custom patterns we have added so far?

hmm, did we actually add any, or just make the regex a bit more loose?  I
can't recall.

> +1, but the last time we added a new pattern when somebody brought an
> argument, that users weren't able to run A-T because of this failure and
> waiting for the vendor to fix this was not an option. Moreover if users
> download A-T from CPAN and not a binary package from the vendor, they
> will have this problem and they will come to complain here.
>
> So may be my suggestion of just matching the "/x.y.zz" part is worth a try?

sure, if you want to try :)  another option is to create some kind of flag,
env variable, or whatnot that skips the check and forces a version.  this
would essentially allow the user to say "yes, I know what I'm doing, use
APACHE2."

--Geoff